Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Word Rocks Rock!


We made these out of some flat glass stones from Dollar Tree. It's one of Jet and Marvel's favorite school activities. I wrote the words on paper then we cut them out and glued them to the underside of the stones.





They already had phrases in mind when we got them out today.




Jet can read all the words in our set now. I think it's time to make some more!






Marvel is not really reading yet, but she does know most of these words on sight.

Of course, the game gets a little silly. By the end it is usually a competition to see who can make the silliest sentence/phrase.



You can make your sister sit on pizza.



Or you could put your dad in a can.



The possibilities are endless.

Udpated 8/31/2011

I have been adding more rocks as the kids need more words. I think my new fav method is clipping words out of magazines.

291724_2168191997900_1039694589_32525473_4201264_n










4 comments:

  1. Jet was telling his dance instructor about the word rocks at dance class when she asked about school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your son! Look at these eyes...too bad I am an old woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a huge set of word magnets on the fridge that we all take turns rearranging. I have baby pics, wedding invites from friends, etc. and corresponding word that go with. Silly sentences are a requirement, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jennifer - that sounds fun! we have to keep these where the twins can't reach them. they might be magnetized and go on the fridge some day.

    ReplyDelete