Wednesday, January 5, 2011

So We Have These Windows...


So we have these windows in our dining room. They face directly into our neighbor's house. Also, the bus stops behind our house so all the kids cut between there to get home after school. We really do want some kind of window covering there. Blinds are a nightmare with kids. Curtains in the room where the kids eat would probably have to be washed daily. So I saw this window film on Amazon and decided it was worth a try. I really liked the colors and they kind of go with the dining room.

So we got it yesterday and I liked the colors even more in person.



It went on really easily. It's just contact paper - which I use all the time to "laminate" stuff.


It looks even better on the windows than I expected.


The seams barely show - and not because I did such a super wonderful job. ;-)



I think it looks great. I'll have to stay up past the twins bedtime some night this week to touch up the edges with a utility knife.
Maybe someday I will get fancy custom stained glass windows for this room. For now I'm really happy with something pretty that gives us a little privacy and is easy to wipe ketchup off of.



3 comments:

  1. That is super cute and YAY a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a genius idea. I love it. Now I want to do it on windows in my house, but I have none for which it would be appropriate. Well, I could do my den windows that way...then we could take the towels down. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete