Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Stained Glass"

Ever since we took down the Christmas decorations I have been wanting to do something with the kids for the front windows. I remembered a craft I did in preschool that would be perfect. You can see my original artwork on the window in the background of this adorable pic of Jacob and me circa 1986.

scanparty 048

I remembered there was wax paper and colored tissue paper involved. Seemed like a no brainer. We used school glue on a plate with little paint brushes. The twins do much better with glue if we do it that way.

001

Marvel and Jet got right to it. Jet was already covered in paint from an earlier project.

002

After watching them for a minute Fox had it figured out.

003

Cash was annoyed at first that the "paint" wasn't showing up. Then he started dipping the tissue right into the glue then sticking it to the paper. It worked really well!

009

Marvel had a whole story to go with her picture (it was a sheep shearing machine and a sheep).

013

I stuck them up on the windows (high where the toddlers wouldn't rip them down) with blue painters/masking tape.

Marvel's:
021

Jet's:
019

Fox's:
018

Cassius's:
023

They look so pretty in the morning when the sun is comming in there.

017

They gave this craft 8 thumbs up!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!
    (still not used to the grown up looking babies)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I am looking for your email and can't find it. Mine is em103080@yahoo.com
    Would love to chat.
    Em

    ReplyDelete