Thursday, April 14, 2011

Where Our Wild Things learn

030

I finally have our little "school room" set up the way I want it. I think we'll probably get some billy bookcases to replace the huge plastic garage shelf. What we have in there now is working well though.


There is a good work/craft table for the kids. It has room for all 4 kids. It's made from a cheap table and two cheap coffee tables from ikea.


002

I picked up some sweet crates for super cheap off of craigslist. The shelf is easy to keep organized and find things.

004

I love the blue and brown colors. The brown is great for hiding all those fingerprints and crayon scribbles. Of course it is all high gloss for scrubability. Most of all it was nice to finally have the painting finished (thank to my cousin Jonathan!).

Before:
berry 054

After:
021

I found a wallpaper border on Amazon that I just HAD to get for it!

005

The room has a good balance of space for the kids to do learning activities, reading, writing and crafts, but still being fun for the little ones to play without getting bored while the big kids need my help.

Update - We finally got the Billy Bookcases!

024

1 comment:

  1. it looks great! jonathan did a good job

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete